Friday, July 27, 2007

#21

I visited both podcast.net and podcastalley.com. I actually had some difficulty with a podcast I wanted to hear about the Pittsburgh Penguins; it just never played. So instead I moved on and added the RSS feed to my bloglines account for the Kankakee Public Library's BiblioTech from podcast.net. I listened to a portion of the 50 min. podcast of the "History in the Movies" by Dr. Cathy Schwartz. There are regular podcasts on a variety of topics from KPL. I then listened to the Irish & Celtic music podcast on podcast.net. The podcast was #27 from Dec. 2006. Quite enjoyable and soothing. This was also added to my favorite feeds on my bloglines account.

I'm not sure podcasts are for me; I have yet to listen to an audio book! As I scrolled through the listings of the different genres or when I did a search I wondered how I would know what a particular listing was about. I then discovered, at least on podcastalley that if you click on the listing, a brief summary of what the podcast is about is revealed. That helped a lot.

No comments: