Tuesday, July 10, 2007

#15

I've just learned that I have been posting my "things" not according to the directions so starting with #15, I will do it right.

Totally enjoyed "The Machine is Us/ing Us.' Besides the message, which I thought rang so true, it was well done. Always fascinated by videos/presentations like that. Always wondering how do they do that.

Read the 5 perspectives on 2.0. I totally agree with Anderson's "icebergs." His comment that "it no longer makes sense to collect information products as if they were hard to get" has been the basis for some changes to the way we have handled cataloged magazines. I also think he is correct when he says it is important for us to "find new ways to bring our services to patrons rather than insisting that they come to us." Just 2 weeks ago I heard a radio personality say to a caller, "Does anyone even go to libraries anymore?" Made me crazy and I nearly called in.

No comments: