Friday, July 13, 2007

#17

I tried to register my blog on the Sandbox wiki but for some reason it would not accept it. I even have a witness to my many tries and she agrees it was not ME!

So instead I am writing about posting to the wiki for my Serials class. We were each assigned a serials term to define and were to post our definition to the Serials Definition Wiki. Had no problem cutting & pasting my document; even the links in the document were ok -something Maurice told me to check. When I tried to create a hyperlink to the main page, I nearly messed the whole thing up. Spent 2 hours trying to figure out that piece. Totally forgot that Irmgarde had told me to make a new page for my definition and go back to the main/front page and link from there. After a good night's sleep I realized I might know how to make the link. A video instruction sent by my professor after a frantic email the previous night confirmed I was on the right track. All is now well and my definition is on the wiki! I have another to do for this class and one planned in FY08 at work.

No comments: